International webinar on Lokmanya Tilak: key facts
• 2-day webinar on 100th anniversary of great Indian freedom fighter Lokmanya Tilak was organized by Indian Council for Cultural Relations
• theme—Swaraj to self-reliant India & was inaugurated by the Union Home Minister Amit shah
• discussion was done on Indian freedom Movement, his global vision his thought on swadeshi and also attempts at India’s cultural revival
Government to review Chinese language program across the university
• Government to put on radar several higher education institutes that offer Chinese language training on the radar
• Government is also putting official Chinese language learning and training department HANBAN which runs hundred of Confucius Institutes abroad
SABIC Plant: 1st to operate on 100% RE
The polycarbonate facility of SABIC in Spain is all set to become the world’s first large scale chemical production plant to run entirely (100 percent) on renewable energy.
SABIC is a global diversified chemical company, headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It manufactures on a global scale in America, the Middle East and the Asia Pacific, making distinctly different kinds of products.
Iran launches underground ballistic missiles
Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard launched underground ballistic missiles on 29 July 2020.
It was launched as part of a drill that targeted a replica American aircraft carrier in the Strait of Hormuz.
Iran has developed and stored some of its ballistic missiles underground to protect them from being destroyed or seized by enemy countries.
ADB signs $200 million financing deal with Reliance
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed a dollar 200 million financing deal with the Reliance Bangladesh LNG and Power Limited (RBLPL).
It has been signed to build and operate a 718-megawatt combined-cycle gas-fired power plant in Bangladesh.
The project will ease ongoing energy shortages and drive further private sector investments in the country’s power sector