Sky root: 1st to test upper-stage rocket engine
- Aerospace startup Sky root Aerospace has successfully test-fired an upper-stage rocket engine.
- With this, it has become the first Indian private company to demonstrate the capability to build a homegrown rocket engine.
- The 3-D printed rocket engine – Raman, named after CV Raman, has fewer moving parts and weighs less than half of conventional rocket engines with a similar capacity.
Japan has signed its largest-ever loan package
- worth dollar 3.1 billion for Bangladesh.
- The loan, under its Official Development Assistance (ODA), will be given for seven projects of Bangladesh under concessional terms
- The loan will cover the construction of Jamuna railway bridge in parallel to the existing Bangabandhu Bridge, expansion of the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport etc.
Saudi Arabia ends a loan to Pakistan
- Saudi Arabia has ended a loan and associated oil supply to Pakistan.
- This is because of Islamabad’s criticism that Riyadh-dominated Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is not doing enough on the Kashmir issue.
- Pakistan Foreign Minister had even threatened to split OIC if the group fails to convene a stand-alone session on Kashmir
First Census of Water Bodies in J&K
- Financial Commissioner Revenue, Dr PawanKotwal, has launched the first Census of water bodies of Jammu and Kashmir.
- It will capture information on important parameters of water bodies like their number, size, condition, type of use, storage capacity, etc.
It will be controlled and monitored at the central level by the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.