1. 6.1 MN Indian youth may lose jobs in 2020
• Around 6.1 million youth in the 15-24 age group are likely to lose their jobs in 2020 if India takes
six months ending September to contain COVID-19.
• This will be around 40% of the total job losses the Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness. This
data was given by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the International Labor Organization
(ILO) through a joint report.
2. Google launches Kormo app in India
• Google has expanded its employment application – Kormo Jobs – to India as it is looking forward
to helping millions of Indians to land entry-level jobs.
• .The company had launched the employment application in Bangladesh in 2018 and further
expanded it to Indonesia.
• The application will help users to identify entry- level job opportunities and also to learn new
skills and create CVs.
3. Swachh Survekshan 2020 results announced
• The government announced the results of the annual survey of cleanliness, Swachh Survekshan
2020 on 20 August 2020.
• Indore once again bagged the top spot as the cleanest city of India, the fourth time in a row.
• The second and third positions in the category were grabbed by Surat and Navi Mumbai
• This is the fifth edition of the annual cleanliness survey of the country.
4. India: 1st in the number of organic farmers
• India has ranked 1st in the number of organic farmers and 9th in terms of area under organic
farming, according to the Agriculture Ministry.
• Sikkim became the 1st state to become fully organic and other states including Tripura and
Uttarakhand have set similar targets.
• The major organic exports from India have been flax seeds, sesame, soybean, tea, medicinal
plants, rice, and pulses.