1. Russia, Turkey sign deal
• Russia and Turkey have signed a contract on the delivery of the 2nd batch of formidable S-400 air defense missile system.
• The sides are now discussing the financial arrangement of implementing the contract.
• Russia and Turkey signed a loan agreement for the supply of S-400 air defense systems in Sept 2017.
• This resulted in the US suspending deliveries of F-35 fighter jets to its NATO ally.
2. ‘Abhilash’ receives International Award
• A short film based on lockdown titled ‘Abhilash’ has bagged an International Award at the ‘Bengal Lockdown online film Festival’ in the Best Social Message Film category.
• The festival, organized under the supervision of organizer Subhamapurva, witnessed contest from around 135 films from around the world.
• Out of these titles, only 50 titles from 20 countries were officially nominated.
3. Country’s longest ‘ropeway over a river
• The Assam Govt. has inaugurated a 1.8-km- long ropeway over the Brahmaputra, connecting Guwahati to North Guwahati.
• It is the longest ropeway on a river in India. Built at a cost of Rs 56 crore, it comprises of two cabins, each with a capacity of 30 passengers and one operator.
• It takes eight minutes to traverse the entire length of the ropeway.
4. Government of India and AlIB Sign Agreement
• The Govt. of India, Govt. of Maharashtra, Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation, and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AlIB) have signed a loan agreement.
• It has been signed for a $500 million Mumbai Urban Transport Project-ll to improve the network capacity, service quality, and safety of the suburban railway system in Mumbai.
• It is expected to increase network capacity in the region.
5. Zen Technologies gets patent from UK
• Zen Technologies Limited has been granted a patent by UK patent office for containerized tubular shooting range (CTSR).
• The valuable patent will give the company an exclusive right to access in many foreign markets.
• .CTSR is range-in-a-container solution, where security forces can train their personnel rapidly and efficiently than conventional ranges.
6. National Council for Transgender Persons
• The Centre has constituted a National Council for Transgender Persons through a notification. The Social Justice and Empowerment
• Minister will be the ex-officio Chairperson and Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment will be ex-officio Vice- Chairperson.
• It will advise the Centre on the formulation of policies and programs, with respect to transgender persons.