Maternal Mortality Rate in India has declined to 113 in 2016-18 from 122 in 2015-17 and 130 in 2014-2016.
It is the death of a woman while pregnant or within 42 days of termination of pregnancy.
Supreme Court has recognized the travails of the disabled in accessing education or employment, regardless of their social status
Delhi high court in 2012 recognized the people suffering from disabilities as socially backward and entitled same benefits as given to the Scheduled Castes/Schedule Tribes.
Pakistan, China sign agreement for “Azad Pattan Hydel Power Project” on Jhelum River under CPEC (China Pakistan Economic Corridor).
DRDO develops P7 Heavy Drop System for IL 76 aircraft.
India and Israel sign agreement on cybersecurity
- This agreement involved computer emergency response Team (CERT)
- The agreement lays down cooperation in capacity building & mutual exchange of best practices in the filed
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, work from home culture is increasing massively, so the possibilities of cyber threats increases.
- India ranks 11th in the worldwide cyber attack.
Cochin-shipyard builds autonomous electric ferries for Norway
- The project was partially funded by the Norwegian government
- The aim was to provide emission-free transport of good, across Oslofjord inlet in Norway
- The project will introduce environmental friendly boats also
- Cochin shipyard is India’s largest shipbuilding
India lifted 271 million people out of poverty
According to India, Voluntary National Review (VNR) of sustainable development goals (SDG) at least 271 million were lifted out of multi-dimensional poverty between 2005-06 and 2016-17
VNR OF SDG has been presented by Niti Aayog at High-Level political forum on sustainable development
The estimate presented were drawn from 2019 global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) released in July 2019
About Multidimensional Poverty Index
Launched by United Nation Development Programme (UNDP) and the Oxford Poverty & Human development initiative (OPHI) in 2010
MPI is based on the idea that poverty is not unidimensional (not just depend on income as one individual may lack in several things like education, health, etc.) rather it is multidimensional
Index shows the proportion of poor people & the average number of deprivations each poor person experiences at the same time.
MPI uses three dimensions
Education – years of schooling and child enrollment
Health – child mortality and nutrition
Standard of living – electricity, flooring, drinking water, sanitation cooking fuel and asset
A person is multidimensional poor if he/she is deprived in one third or more of weighted indicators (out of the ten indicators)
Those who are deprived in one half or more of weighted indicators are considered living in extreme multidimensional poverty